Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bags galore

I am probably one of a few women who don't really do bags. I hate carrying a handbag and certainly don't do the matching bag and shoes thing. However I have found myself making them in the past week or so. It started when I bought some curtains from a charity shop and thought the material would work well on a project I had been mulling over for a while. To my surprise it worked really well and I am very pleased with it.

The first backpack

 
Today I didn't have a lot of time for creative sewing as I had some repairs and alterations to do for myself and others but I did have an hours play and have just finished another bag. This time a simple tote (again from charity shop curtains).
 
 
Add these to the little toiletries bag I made at the weekend and they are beginning to build up into a nice collection.
 
 
They will be calling me the bag lady if I'm not careful!!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Loving the backpack. Do you plan to sell these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Freda, I'm planning to. Nigel and I are doing a sale in Crewe in October so I am building up some stock for that. Never sold anything I have made before so don't know how it will go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh Crewe wonder how much train would be You must divulge more details :)

      Delete